Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Adele Shares her Fight Against Postpartum Depression

Adele, a 28-year-old singer, suffered from ‘Bad Postpartum Depression’ after having his son Angelo and she felt like she made ‘the worst decision of my life’, told the Vanity Fair Magazine.

Angelo is her only child with Simon Konecki and he is now 4 years old.
According to her, she “loves her son more than anything” but adjusting to motherhood isn’t as rosy as she expected.

“I was obsessed with my child. I felt very inadequate,” the singer said.

She was advised to talk to other mothers who are also battling with the same depression to gain more knowledge on how to properly deal with it but she declined. But after having a talk with a friend who had a child, she realized that she’s not the only one suffering with the said depression.

adele-with-sonAnd now, she opted to give herself an afternoon a week alone time to do everything she wants and check if it will better the situation and later said she still feels uncomfortable whenever having her time off away with his son.

In her statement, she said “I’m enjoying touring, but at times I feel guilty because I’m doing this massive tour, and even though my son is with me all the time, on certain nights I can’t put him to bed.

“I never feel guilty when I’m not working,” Adele added.

“You’re constantly trying to make up for stuff when you’re a mum. I don’t mind, because of the love I feel for him.”

Album Success

Meanwhile, the singer-songwriter also shared how stage fright affects her badly that she may never tour again.

She said, “I’d still like to make records, but I’d be fine if I never heard [the applause] again. I’m on tour simply to see everyone who’s been so supportive.”

She also revealed, that she “will never write songs as good as the ones that are on 21”, because “I was completely off my face” while writing the second album. While the success of the hit song ‘Someone Like You’ was the result of smoking and drinking a couple of bottles of wine a night.

“A drunk tongue is an honest one,” she said. “I’m not as indulgent as I was then, and I don’t have time to fall apart like I did then.” She said.

The post Adele Shares her Fight Against Postpartum Depression appeared first on Newsline.

No comments:

Post a Comment