Thursday, November 3, 2016

“I’m Staying” says Manchester United Boss José Mourinho

Manchester United boss José Mourinho has warned critics not to write him off as he insists he is staying put at Old Trafford.

With Manchester United in eighth place in the Premiership – and eight points behind leaders and local rivals Manchester City – Mourinho has come in for a lot of criticism recently.

I want to stay until the end of my contract.

However he has insisted that he is determined to complete his contract at the club and remains confident that the much-needed goals will come.

Mourinho told The Sun newspaper: “I am at the club I want to be at and I am so happy to be here. I want to stay here until the end of my contract and then who knows?

“But I will be here for many years. I am a football man and I am still young. Sometimes people think I am 75 but I am 53 and I have a passion for the game.”

He was speaking after a run of poor results in the Premiership which has continued in the Europa League where United have just lost 2-1 away to Fenerbahce.

Defeat

Excluding qualifiers, it was United’s eighth defeat in their last nine games in Europe.

Striker Moussa Sow gave Fenerbahce the lead in the second minute of the game and Jeremain Lens followed up with a brilliant second half free-kick.

While United captain Wayne Rooney scored a consolation goal in the 89th minute it was not enough and United are now in danger of being eliminated from the Europa League.

Behind

United are now third in Group A – one point behind leaders Feyenoord and Fenerbahce – and with two games left they still have a lot of work to do.

It is a similar story in the Premiership where United have failed to score in the last three league games and could only manage a draw in the game before that.

Last weekend’s 0-0 draw against Burnley at Old Trafford was particularly frustrating for the players and fans as Mourinho’s men had 37 attempts on goal but failed to convert a single one.

The good results have to arrive sooner or later.

Despite this Mourinho remains upbeat saying that the goal drought cannot last forever.

He said: “I’m excited. I’m not happy with the results, what I’m happy with is the performances.

“Sometimes you win but feel that period cannot last forever as the team is not playing so well.

“Other times you don’t have such good results but feel the way the team plays, the good results have to arrive sooner or later. So I have a very good feeling towards the players.

Incredible

The number of shots we had in the last match is something absolutely incredible, is an example of what the team tried to have a different result.”

With United beset with injury problems right now the immediate future is not looking great and Mourinho will have his work cut out in the crucial run up to Christmas and the New Year.

The post “I’m Staying” says Manchester United Boss José Mourinho appeared first on Newsline.

No comments:

Post a Comment